2023/24 Junior Sharks Teams Announcement
Congratulations to all players selected!
For parents of selected players please ensure you thoroughly read the below important information. And go HERE for more info.
Registration Due Date
In order to confirm your child’s position, registration is due by 29th September 2023. Below you will find your child’s team drop down section which will have all of their relevant links to register.
You can pay registration online via the link in your team section or by clicking HERE. Payment options including Buy Now, Pay Later are also available through this section if full up front payment cannot be made.
Registration fees for 2023/24 season are $600.
The registration fees cover all of the up front cost which are involved in putting our teams and players on the court, including:
- VJBL team entry – Grading
- VJBL team entry – Season
- Weekly training
- Court hire for training at external courts
- Contribution to capital and maintenance for training at Association run venues
- Wages associated with program
- Equipment including team bag supplies
- Awards night
- Coaching fees
- Subsidised cost of Rep Camps
- Team entry into Southern Peninsula Tournament
- Team entry into VJBL National Classic (for VC teams that qualify)
We endeavour to keep fees as low as possible and we are pleased to offer registration fees that are equivalent to approx. $13.33 per week based on 45 weeks.
Other Associations participating charge registration fees in excess of $1,000. Our Southern Peninsula Tournament allows us to keep our fees down and your support throughout the tournament is key to our success.
These fees do not include uniform. Prices include Square processing of 1.67%.
Uniform Fitting Times
The below times will be open for playing uniform fitting where players can try on playing gear and any other apparel.
- Friday 22nd September
7pm – 9pm
- Wednesday 27th September
12pm – 3pm
All Sharks players must have a minimum of:
- Playing uniform
- Training singlet
- Training shorts
- Hoodie or performance t-shirt
At games, players must have their outer most layer of clothing being a Southern Peninsula t-shirt or hoodie. At trainings, players must wear a Southern Peninsula reversible training singlet.
All uniforms must have the new Southern Peninsula logo and branding. This includes playing uniform, training uniform and off court apparel.
Under 14s and above – 1 x 75 minute team training sessions per week
Teams will complete a mandatory 75-minute session throughout the week. These sessions will be scheduled in age group blocks and will be ran in conjunction with SPBA’s style of play. The days and times of these sessions will be allocated by SPBA.
Under 14s and above – 1 x 90 minute team training sessions per week
Teams will individually book their second weekly training session with SPBA. There are a variety of venues, times and days open for sessions, and it will be up to the Coach and Team Manager to book the time and day that is most suitable for their team.
Under 12s – 2 x 60 minute team training sessions per week
Teams will complete two mandatory 60-minute session throughout the week. These sessions will be scheduled in age group blocks and will be ran in conjunction with SPBA’s style of play. The days and times of these sessions will be allocated by SPBA.
- Junior Sharks Tryouts – 12th September – 17th September 2023
- Feedback will be provided to non-successful athletes before Squads are announced
- Squad Announced – 22nd September 2023
- Uniform Try Ons – 22nd Sept: 7-9pm @ DROMANA STADIUM
- Uniform Try Ons – 27th Sept: 12-3pm @ DROMANA STADIUM
- Registration payment due – 29th September 2023
- Squad Training Sessions Commence – Week of 3rd October 2023
- Age Group Parent Information Sessions – 6th of October 2023
- Peninsula Sports Performance Athlete Combine and Testing (U14 and above) – 8th October 2023
- Individual Development Plans (IDP’s) – Individual development meetings with player and coach
- Team Announcements – 25th of October 2023
- Parent Scoring School – 2nd November 2023 *Design Centre*
- Inter-club games – 3rd November 2023
- Southern Peninsula Tournament – 11th & 12th November 2023
- VJBL Grading – From Friday 17th November 2023 onwards
- Training recommences after Summer Break – 30th January 2024
- VJBL Games recommence – 2nd February 2024
- Basketball Victoria Country Championships (1st teams only) – TBC between Feb-April
- Dawn Service – 25th April 2024
- Mid-Season Individual Player Development Plans – 26th May 2024
- Reconciliation Walk – June 2024
- VJBL Player and Parent Exit Meetings – 8th of September 2024
- End of Season Celebration Night – 15th September 2024
For any questions, please direct them to:
Administrative: Matt Brasser (head of basketball) email@example.com
When team managers are appointed to teams, they will be your first point of contact for administrative queries.
We wish everyone the best of luck for the upcoming season!