Focus of Future Sharks
- Building fundamental skill sets
- Increasing athletes’ knowledge of how to play Basketball
- Adding experience in competing at a higher level
- Introducing athletes to quality coaching on a regular basis
The Future Sharks program is open to boys and girls born in 2015-2016 who are enthusiastic about learning and playing basketball.
You must be registered and playing in Southern Peninsula’s domestic program to be eligible for Future Sharks.
If your child wishes to be a part of Future Sharks but is born outside of these years, contact email@example.com to seek an exemption.
1 x team training sessions per week (Friday 5:00pm – 6:00pm at Dromana Stadium)
All players should arrive at training at least 10 minutes prior to training so they are ready to start at their allocated time.
Teams will participate in a minimum of three tournaments across the year, including the Southern Peninsula Tournament in November.
Additional tournament dates will be confirmed by Future Sharks Head Coach during the program and suitable notice will be given.
The Future Sharks program commences 03/11/2023 and concludes on 21/6/2024. Participants are expected to attend all training sessions and tournaments within this period. Future Sharks follows the VJBL no training periods, CALENDAR
- Registration payment due – 29th September 2023
- Training Sessions Commence – Week of 3rd October 2023
- Age Group Parent Information Sessions – 6th of October 2023
- Parent Scoring School – 2nd November 2023
- Inter-club games – 3rd November 2023
- Southern Peninsula Tournament – 11th & 12th November 2023
- Dawn Service – 25th April 2024
- Reconciliation Walk – June 2024
- End of Season Celebration Night – 15th September 2024
To secure your spot in the program an initial payment must be made by the 29th of September 2023.
Option 1Pay up front
Due by 29th of September 2023
Option 2Pay in two instalments
$100 due by Sept 29th 2023
$160 due by Oct 31st 2023
The registration fees also cover:
- Court hire for training at external courts
- Contribution to capital and maintenence for training at Association run venues
- Wages associated with program
- Equipment including team bag supplies
- Awards night
- Coaching fees
- Subsidised cost of Rep Camps
All Future Sharks players must have a minimum of:
- Playing uniform
All uniforms must have the new Southern Peninsula logo and branding. This includes playing uniform, training uniform and off court apparel.
Mouth Guards are also recommended, please visit our friends at Mouth Guards Victoria for more information: www.mouthguardsvictoria.com.au.
Note: it is planned that for the 2024-2025 season there may be a new Junior Sharks playing uniform. For uniforms purchased in the 23/24 year, there will be an option to trade yours in for a discount to minimise the cost involved.
HOW DO I JOIN?
- Enrolment Period:
Enrolment for the Future Sharks program opens on 02/09/2023. Applications will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis until the program reaches its maximum capacity for boys and girls. Once the program is full, a waiting list will be created for interested candidates in order of registration time.
Five spots will be held for athletes that are born in 2015-2016 that tryout for U12s VJBL but are unsuccessful. If these athletes do not wish to participate in Future Sharks, the next applicant on the waiting list will be invited to participate in the program.
- Enrolment Process:
To enroll in the Future Sharks program, interested candidates must follow these steps:
- Complete the official online enrolment form available on the Southern Peninsula Basketball Association website.
- Make the required program fees payment within the stipulated timeframe.
The initial registration link for Future Sharks is: cognitoforms.com/SouthernPeninsulaBasketballAssociation/FutureSharks2024Enrolment.
The link will be live on the 02/09/2023 at 9:00am. If you successfully make it into the program, you will be sent an additional registration link that must be completed through PlayHQ.
- Program Capacity:
The Future Sharks program has a limited capacity of 20 boys and 20 girls per intake. This capacity is set to ensure a favourable coach-to-player ratio and optimise the learning experience for all participants.
- Confirmation and Waiting List:
Successful participants will receive a confirmation email. Once the program reaches capacity, any additional enrolments will be placed on the waiting list in order of registration, who will also be informed of their status by email. If a spot becomes available, the next applicant on the waiting list will be contacted.
‘If you have any questions or would like further information, please contact Pathways Administrator Jade Odom at firstname.lastname@example.org.