Formed in 1967, the Southern Peninsula Basketball Association (SPBA) is one of the largest sporting organisations on the Mornington Peninsula. With over 2,500 members, including over 300 teams from grass roots through to the elite level.
We endeavour to provide a fun, safe and inclusive environment for all members of the community so that they will enjoy life long participation in physical activity.
Our 5 Association Values are:
The SPBA maintains 4 indoor facilities inclusive of 7 courts with the intention to increase to over 10 courts, catering for participants from Mornington to Sorrento.
SPBA is a not-for-profit organisation, it’s primary objectives are to:
- Administer the sport of basketball from Mornington to Sorrento on the Mornington Peninsula.
- Provide an avenue for its players, coaches, officials and administrators to participate and develop through organised competitions and development programs.
SPBA has participating within our Association:
- 300 domestic teams (social competition)
- 29 junior representative teams (Victorian Junior Basketball League)
- 3 senior representative teams (Big V) – Youth League Women, Youth League Men and Division 1 Men
- 30+ regular participants during All-Abilities sessions
We also work alongside Dromana Primary School & Rosebud Primary School maintaining their courts and using them for our trainings and competitions.
Our facilities are not only used for our basketball, they are also used by the schools, other sports and community groups.
SPBA’s strategic plan is “Our Game Plan 2025” with the primary objectives to:
- Grow Participation
- Engage Community
- Operational Excellence
- Develop Facilities