The SPBA is an affiliated association of Basketball Victoria (BV) and abides by BV’s Policies and Procedures.
The SPBA takes pride in providing programs & facilities which are well administered and benefit the community.
It is accepted and enforced that each individual, player, referee, official, staff member, board member, team or Club that represents our Association or participates in competitions under the SPBA banner shall abide by the policies below.
SPBA is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children. We support the rights of the child and will act without hesitation to ensure a child safe environment is marinated at all times.
- SPBA Child Safety Policy – CLICK HERE
- SPBA Child Safety Code of Conduct – CLICK HERE
- SPBA Child Safety Working Group Terms of Reference – CLICK HERE
- Vic Sport Procedure for Handling Allegations of Child Abuse – CLICK HERE
- SPBA Child Safe Reporting Process – CLICK HERE
- SPBA Confidential Record of Child Abuse Allegation Form – CLICK HERE
- SPBA Child Safety Action Plan 2020-21 – CLICK HERE
SPBA Inclusion Policy
- SPBA Guidelines for including LGBTI+ Communities – COMING SOON
SPBA Social Media Policy
- SPBA Social Media Policy – COMING SOON
SPBA CCTV Policy
- SPBA CCTV Policy – COMING SOON
Domestic Competition Rules
The Southern Peninsula Basketball Association (SPBA) aims to provide opportunities for all those involved in the sport to continuously learn and develop their skills, knowledge and understanding of the game of basketball, thus enhancing and prolonging their enjoyment of the game. The Competition By-Laws and supporting documents aim to offer a fair competition for all participants.
- Competition By-Laws – CLICK HERE
- Junior Representative Player Points System
- Fill-in Player Policy
- Domestic Competition Grading Policy
- Heat Policy
PARTICIPANT BEHAVIOUR POLICY
The SPBA is committed to providing a safe environment for all participants in our domestic competitions. This includes players, coaches, parents, spectators, officials and administrators. This policy and associated penalties apply for SPBA domestic competitions only.
- Participant Behaviour Policy
- Example Implementation Guide
- Behavioural Technical Foul Process
- Behavioural Technical Foul/Ejection Register
The Peninsula Tribunal is a collaborative partnership endorsed by Basketball Victoria connecting the Frankston, Mornington, Chelsea, Southern Peninsula and Western Port Basketball Associations. The tribunal panel is an independent entity managed under Basketball Victoria tribunal By-Laws
- Peninsula Tribunal Summary
The SPBA Concussion Policy applies to all competitions, programs and teams participating in or representing Southern Peninsula Basketball Association.
Southern Peninsula Sharks
Junior Sharks By-Laws
- Parent Handbook
MORE COMING SOON
Senior Sharks By-Laws
External Venue Key Policy
BASKETBALL VICTORIA POLICIES
Basketball Victoria CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
This document is designed to be displayed at all stadiums to inform entrants about behavioural standards and requirements.
Basketball Victoria CODES OF CONDUCT
The Codes of Conduct list the expected behaviour in basketball by administrators, coaches, officials, players, parents and spectators.
Basketball Victoria PLAYER INSURANCE
Basketball Victoria provides a level of insurance to all registered members of Affiliated Associations.
Basketball Victoria TRIBUNAL BY-LAWS
These by-laws establish the Tribunal to deal with misbehaviour in basketball.
Basketball Victoria MEMBER PROTECTION BY-LAWS
These by-laws set the obligations for screening persons who work with children and deal with discrimination, harassment and vilification on grounds of gender, race and so on.
Basketball Victoria PARTICIPANTS’ PROTECTION BY-LAWS
These By-laws contain various requirements with respect to pregnancy, first aid equipment and heat policy designed to protect participants.
Basketball Victoria Photo & Video Policy
This policy sets out the conditions under which photographs and video can be taken at basketball games and venues.